Tales of My Self...

My photo
Marshall, TX, United States

13.7.10

This could be the start of something good...

Although I try to journal on a regular basis (and fail miserably from time to time), it's been years since I've blogged religiously. Yesterday I was bored at work and blogged for the first time in more than a year on one of my old blogs. The sad thing about it is that I felt like I do when I've worn out an old journal and have only 3 pages left to write in. I get this sense that this well written in journal has seen better days. And while it may archive my thoughts and feelings of the past, it's time for a new one. So, today I find myself beginning a new venture and creating another blog just like I would a new journal only this time I don't have to search for the right 'design' with the right lines and space to fit my current needs and desires.

Men complain all the time about girls who don't know what they want. The truth is, I know exactly what I want but it always seems out of reach or just plain impossible to find. But! (..and here's the kicker!) Sometimes I don't know that I want what I do until after it's out of reach. For instance, I found the best wallet for me in Corpus Christi during Spring Break this past school year. I have been searching for a wallet like it ever since, but haven't had much luck finding anything of the sorts.

All this to say, this blog was made to create a grouping of things I like and dislike. I think it's important to know why you like something or why you do/don't do something. Sometimes I forget which brand of something (mainly food) I prefer over the other. So why can't I write about what I like/dislike? No worries, this blog is going to go beyond which brand of food I think is best! God knows, you probably wouldn't refer to this blog on which food to buy. I'm going to (try to) post things of 'further importance' as well. If you ever would like to request something for me to research or blog about PLEASE let me know! I'm always open to suggestions.

First, for the curious browsers who don't know me, I am going to tell you a little about where I'm at in life. Don't check out yet, I promise it's going to be brief!

I am about to start my last year as a mathematics student (undergrad). Speaking of which, I am also a math tutor at another college in town. I am currently looking for graduate schools within the Texas area for the fall after graduation. I enjoy cooking/baking, playing the piano and (learning) guitar, painting, drawing, and crafts. My parents are divorced, so my dad lives in Houston, and my mom and sister (Jaime) live in Lufkin. Jaime's 14 years old now (I can't believe that!) and we're pretty close. I have been dating a man (Mike) for 19 months, and we have talked about getting married for over 6 of those months. We are looking at getting married after my graduation. My best friend's name is Katie, and we've been friends for 17 years. My other 3 best friends were my roommates for 2.5 years, but we all met as incoming freshmen (Holly, Sadie, and Mikaela).

See, that wasn't terrible just a measily little paragraph. That's me in a nutshell! :) Again, I'd like to encourage anyone to post comments on what I should try or share. Just keep in mind that I'm a college student. I'm not rich. I also want to inform you that I won't try anything gross. This isn't fear factor.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment